On this episode of Watchmen Podcast Carolyn, Wendy, Vanessa, and Toni dive into discussion of two Watchmen series characters: Rorschach and the Comedian. Some of the topics will include what led Alan Moore to consider writing the comic series, a look into some of the original Charlton Comics characters that the Watchmen characters are based on and discussion of in-universe character biographies and morality.
- Background of what led to Watchmen
- Overview of Ditko’s Mr. A and The Question
- Rorschach overview
- Misinterpretation by comics fandom of Moore’s intent
- Speculation on how the show may adapt some themes
- DCU Question overview
- Rorschach character background
- Audience reception of The Comedian
- Comparing The Comedian and The Peacemaker
- Use of existentialism as a theme
- Rorschach vs The Comedian – compare and contrast
- Opinions on “Before Watchmen” comic series & Watchmen movie
LOGLINE: Set in an alternate history where masked vigilantes are treated as outlaws, WATCHMEN, from executive producer Damon Lindelof (Emmy® winner for “Lost”; HBO’s “The Leftovers”) embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel of the same name, while attempting to break new ground of its own. Nicole Kassell directs the pilot from a script written by Lindelof.
Site link: WatchmenPodcast.com
About DC TV Podcasts:
DC TV Podcasts is a podcast network that features a collection of high-quality and popular podcasts devoted to DC Comics television series, such as The CW’s Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning, Batwoman, Syfy’s Krypton, DC Universe’s Titans, Doom Patrol, Stargirl, HBO’s Watchmen, as well as classic old-school DC TV shows! Join the hosts of Quiver: The Green Arrow Podcast, The Flash Podcast, Supergirl Radio, Legends of Tomorrow Podcast, DC TV Classics, Black Lightning Podcast, Krypton Podcast, Titans Podcast, Batwoman Podcast, Stargirl Podcast and Watchmen Podcast every week for news, commentary and opinions about these comic book shows.